May 5-6
Yesterday was our day in San Fransisco, we did not do much but our feet were sore when we got back to the ship. Our day was spent walking on fishermans warf when we got to the end it was a ride on the cable trolley down town and more walking around. It was about 25 years since we were last in the area so the warf had change over the time. We did find one of the shops that cook crab on the docks that we recognized. I thought that we would stop and eat there but I guess with all the big meals on the ship it was too much so it was a bowl of clam chowder.
We arrived under the Golden Gate bridge about 7am, it was very foggy so the view of the bridge was poor but luck was with us during the day and on the way out. The fog was just starting to cover the bridge on the north end so we were able to get some reasonable picutes.
Today we are heading north to Astoria Oregon, the seas had picked up during the evening and the ship was pitching about a little making walking a straight line impossiable. We will arrive in Astoria around 7am tomorrow. Then it will be a short dash to Vancouver arriving Friday morning.
It is hard to belive that we have been away from home for almost a month, we are both looking forward to getting back to our own home. The trip has been fun but I will not miss all the people around all the time. I will complete the blog when we arrive home, I think that our internet minutes have just about run out. Good night for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment